February was a busy month for Documentor team as we released a new version with many fixes and features. The Team worked for the complete month and finally it is out.
The new version of Documentor WordPress plugin is out with lot many fixes and few design changes. We started working on this version at the start of this month and the main motto of this update was to fix things. By getting feedback from our customers, we also improved the user experience (UX) of the plugin and made the design a little clutter free.
Find the complete changelog of Documentor 1.5 are as below
- jQuery should be loaded in head
- .close and .open class on admin panel should be renamed
- The ‘Save’, ‘Generate PDF’ etc. buttons should be inactive once clicked and the process is ongoing in the backend
- Change the position of hash
- Remove mail option
- Change the location of Edit
- Remove option “Extras on Section hover”
- Change the location of Suggest Edit
- Reduce the width of Search Box
- Fix for Documentor AJAX enable – Undefined link issue.
- Fix for Documentor Broad skin – Inter sections links not working (Add section A link in Section B using Hyperlink. Added link does not redirect.)
- Fix for Documentor – Inline section editor view and tags (Screenshot sent via email)
- Sidebar on admin should have max-width:300px
- Change color of Add Section button to Green Color
- Guide Name input box should be smaller and Save Name should appear as a link, not button.
- On-click “Add Section” button becomes white
- On Add Section window, no need to have Edit and Back to Edit both. Remove the Edit button and keep only Back to Edit and that should appear beside Insert with different color (gray will be good)
- Check the responsiveness of the edit window and even complete dashboard as the sidebar is overlaping with the left content area
- Use loader when click on “Posts” or Link” or whenever it takes time
- Create New button should be beside Manage Guides
- Search box should be ON by default
- Guide Title or Page Title Should appear on Print “center aligned” [Print Formatting]
- Link Icon should not appear [Print Formatting]
- Section title should be the Post Title for sections – i.e. if Section Title is changed the Post Title should also change
- Implement Docu_Install class for all future installations and updates
- Verify the Section and Guide Post Type parameters
- Indexing digit does not scroll with menu.[Broad Skin]
- Menu Position option is not working properly.[Broad Skin]
- Section title should be the Post Title for sections – i.e. if Section Title is changed the Post Title should also change [Removed Post Title completely from Edit Section]
- On Edit Section or Add Section – instead of ‘documentor-sections’, the label for the Post Type should be shown
- The title of the admin page for Documentor should change according to the page loaded
- Add action and filter hooks for adding extra HTML to the guide.
- The search term should be highlighted on search
- Search – If no results is found, display message
- Search – The searched keywords are highlighted in the guide
- Search – The loader is displayed while the guide search is in progress
- Search bar and extras – displayed when guide shortcode for a guide which does not exists is embedded
- The edit page for each guide has guide specific page title
- Changed – Change sequence of Guide Settings on Edit Guide panel
Better Search in Documentor
With this update, we have optimized the code a lot and made operations really fast. Apart from that, some visible changes are the placement of Search Box on the guide page as highlighting search terms.
Guide Search box considers section title and the content and highlight the search term, if found.
No More Data Loss
Few customers reported that the sections are not appearing on front-panel after reorder or save guide operations. We fixed that issue as well and now there will be no such issue on Documentor. It took good amount of time for us to recreate that issue but finally we did and it is fixed.
Few customers reported that the auto update is not working. Well, that was because of SSL issue. We have fixed that and the update should work just fine at your end. Don’t forget to put the license key to get auto update for the plugin.
Well, the first thing that we are going to do is to release a new version of Documentor Lite plugin which is available for free. Documentor Lite will also have the updated UX and design and is expected to release in next 3 – 4 days.
11 thoughts to “February Update – Documentor v1.5 with Clean Layout and Better UX”
we have a problem with our links – probably this issue is related to the fix 24 – Section title should be the Post Title for sections – i.e. if Section Title is changed the Post Title should also change.
We had defined slugs – but in the new version this field is removed, and our links are not working at all.
For example we had
a post title “ABC version 3” slug abc_v3 and a link http://www.mypage.com/documentation/?section=abc_v3_1 and now
the link is changed to http://www.mypage/documentation/?section=abc-version-3.
What can we do with this issue?
We tested the scenario at our end by updating from 1.4.7 to 1.5 and the issue didn’t appear. As we are only using the slug created by WordPress for the section, that should not change like this.
after version 1.5 the icon image of the section link just shown # ugly . the image is attached https://uploads.disquscdn.com/images/77921a5ad28e03067c68cc69be6c4c93c8e205ac29b75ecebfe2076eab747a8a.png
How can I recover this iscon as previous version ?
Under Guide Settings, there is an option to disable the hashtag link. The option is available under “Advance Settings” ==> Buttons option. Un-check the option “Section Hashtag Link” to disable it.
I need a function hash link, but the icon is not pretty.
The link icon of the skin mint is verry pretty(attached image). But I should use the skin expanded broad. How can I apply the pretty icon in the case of the skin expanded broad. https://uploads.disquscdn.com/images/e4c5aba67ecb643fe21b2b8711aad93a8c5c07aaf74fc6490f934e19195f2182.png
The Manage Guides button points to localhost ‘http://localhost/test2/wp-admin/admin.php?page=documentor-admin’
Also changing the ‘linkurl’ for a link section doesn’t work. The value for linkurl is empty on the API request.
We just updated to v1.5 and all the links to section topics were broken. We got 404 page not found messages when clicking those links. 🙁 I could not figure out what’s wrong. Please help shed some light on this issue. For now, I removed most of the links so they don’t look so bad on our site.
The serious trouble occurred. My documentor not shows the Sections List as shown attached image. Tested with chrome, internet explorer 11, MS edge, all of them not shown the sections. How can I resolve this problem. the number of sections is about two hundred. https://uploads.disquscdn.com/images/a039ce32b75cfa642ec65424545c045ae5ea9d85b620bf7a7f21fb1341184176.png
Hi, This problem was wordpress’s small memory as you mentioned. This problem was cleared by setting the wordpress’s memory up to 256Mbytes. Thank you.
Hi! I have an issue with documentor 1.5: i can’t create new guides, i do “create a new document” but the plugin don’t create anything… I have WordPress 4.7.3. Thx!